Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sick

Yep, that's me. Coughy, sneezy, about an inch from death. Or at least that's how I've been feeling since Monday. Lower than a worm's belly. I'm thinking it has something to do with being in my mom's house all last weekend (she smokes!) and then seeing her friend who was also sick. I think I got her mega virus thing. I wish I could give mine away now. If you want a nasty little cold bug, got one, cheap!

In other news, The Fuzzy Peach opened on Friday, selling three skeins in less than 10 hours. I thought it was a great sign of quick sells to come. No such luck. Rawr. I really would like this stuff to sell, I need the cash flow, plus...the longer it sits in my house, the more it's likely not to ever leave. The stash has been eyeing it greedily and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it from consuming all 7 skeins that are left.


And you wanna know what's better than silk yarn on a 75% sale? Cream cheese stuffed croissants. MMMMM. The Atlanta Bread company (and I'm sure Panera and the likes) sell them, and I've only had one recently. I loved it to death and wanted more (the closest one is like an hour and a half away) so I decided to make my own.

What you need:
Croissants in a can (a la the dough boy)
1 bar of cream cheese softened (Philly baby!)
1/2 cup sugar (pure bliss)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 tabs melted (liquid) butter (I just eyeball this stuff folks!)
Basting Brush thingy
Flour
Rolling Pin
Flat surface to roll on
Pan
Oven

To Make:
Preheat the oven like the package says.
Blend softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in small bowl.
Take your croissants and separate them out, I roll mine flatter and wider than they come. Fill the center and a little down the legs of the croissant with the cream cheese yumminess. Roll that puppy up and place it on the pan. (You may want to PAM the pan first) I try cutting little slits in the top to give the filling a place to go, but it's easier said than done most times. When you have them all filled and rolled up, brush them with the melted butter. Then bake according to the little can.

YOU MUST WAIT TO EAT THESE. Cream cheese that's been in a 375 degree oven for 11 minutes is hotter than all fourty hell, ask me how I know. :D

My boyfriend says they'd be good with some cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on the top before the butter goes on, but I can't ever remember it!

I suggested the little bit down the legs of the croissant because if you don't you get these puffy little croissant pieces with no cream cheese, now who wants to eat that? :P Also, note...I have NO idea how to roll these suckers up to make them look right, I just wrap the dough around the blob in the middle and hope for the best!

Good luck and Enjoy!

Don't forget to shop THE FUZZY PEACH! You knowww you NEED more sock yarn...muuhahahahaha. :P

1 comment:

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaarling, your yarns are beautiful! I hope you sell them all! Could I suggest you knit a sock up with one of the colors to show a sample of the yarn's potential. People are very visual and concrete when it comes to yarn sometimes. When you're not too busy baking those yummy cheesy thingies. My ever expanding waisteline does thank you for the recipe, though!
Forgive the cliche', but the money order is in the mail and should be in your yarn dying little hands this week. My hands are itching to work with Sea Monkey! I just blogged about my yen for this color trend.
I wonder what i will knit with this? I'm binging on mitered squares presently, so I may need to take a sock or scarf break!

Hope you feel better soon. Some days I'm a prisoner in my home due to all the stuff blowing around in the air this spring. Sniff. Sneeze. Knit.