It's the end of the quarter, and I'm feeling very prickly right now. So as Mama always said, I will say nothing at all about those things and go to a totatlly different subject. ME! I stole this from the weiner of the prize drawing once I realized her link was a blog click. She stole it from someone named David.
1. What curse word do you use the most? F*ck
2. Do you own an iPod? No.
3. What person on your flist do you talk to the most? Aponi
4. What time is your alarm clock set to? 5:30am, but I snoooooze it until around 6:15ish.
5. Do you still remember the first person you kissed? Yes. His name was Nick and we went to elementary school together. He was my first boyfriend. We went to the school dance together. He gave me a carnation. It was either him or Dereck who kissed me after I chased him up the climbing wall at the same elementary school. Can't remember which came first.
6. Do you remember where you were on 9/11/01? I was a senior in high school. We were in Mr. Mitchell's art class for first block. Someone came in and told us about it, and he actually let us turn the tv on. While we watched, the second plane hit. We didn't realize or understand that it was REALLY happening live. We continued to watch through second block, Mrs. Goat (not her real name, but she raised goats) and A&P. It was surreal. My Papa told me about Pearl Harbor and where he'd been when I got home that night. Also about where he'd been when Kennedy was shot.
7. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? Take take take. I look like hell in photos. And fat. No photos of me.
8. What was the last movie you watched? At the movies: Alice in Wonderland. It was total crap. HATED IT. But I felt like I got my money out of it since I only paid $1.50 to see it at the cheap seats. At home: Jurassic Park - one of out all time favorites. LOVE IT.
9. Do any of your friends have children? One of them, and he's a cool little. The ones who I am no longer in contact with from college (mostly cause they found a new man and he was their new religion) have started making babies too. It is strange to me to see party girls and morons with littles. Scary.
10. Has anyone ever called you lazy? Yes. It was my mother's greatest insult. To be called lazy was to be the bane of the world.
11. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep? Sometimes I have to take a Benedryl to sleep if I'm really keyed up and the next day is really important. Or Nyquil when I'm sick.
12. What CD is currently in your CD player? Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
13. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? If I'm drinking it, choc. If it's on cereal, regular.
14. Has anyone told you a secret this week? Yes, actually.
15. When was the last time you had Starbucks? Um...a month or so ago when I got a vanilla cupcake from the Barnes and Noble 'bucks. I'm not into coffee. Cupcakes are gooood tho.
16. Can you whistle?Yes, both the normal way and also through my teeth.
17. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?Eyes.
18. What are you looking forward to? The end of next Monday. I will have turned my grades in and have washed my hands of this quarter. Then I'll be off for a month of writing in Ame and I'll be with my people and happy. I may even want to still teach after that- right now- not so much.
19. Did you watch cartoons as a child? Yes. I liked Rocco's Modern Life. I hated Ren and Stimpy. I liked Rugrats before Dill was born.
20. Do you own any band t-shirts? Yes. I have some Guster t-shirts.
21. What will you be doing in one hour? Showering and getting ready to go buy foods.
22. Is anyone in love with you? Yes, or at least I think he is.
23. What was the last song you heard? dunno- but I have a Jack Johnson song stuck in my head...does that count?
24. Last time you cried? Yesterday. Like I said. The end of the quarter is an ugly time.
25. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop? Desktop. But I want one of those laptop babies- the little net book.
26. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? Yes. I want to get a little sparrow on the inside of each ankle as a tribute to my Papa. He always put on his socks wrong- they had the little Izod alligators on them, and he would put the socks on with those facing inside. Always. I've wanted a sparrow since I saw a really cute one on a student, and I've wanted to do a tribute to a family member via tattoo (or I'd never get another one) like Amy from Spunky Eclectic. This would be killing 2 birds with 2 bird tattoos!
27. What’s the weather like? Dunno. Still in my pjs. Not wanting to know either. If I had to guess, really friggin' hot. Like prolly already 90+ F.
28. Would you ever date a girl/guy covered in tattoos? Oh yes. I would have done it as a teen to scare my parents too. I would sooo date somone tatted up. D is not tatted at all though. :(
29. What did you do before this? Make 2 grilled cheeze sammiches.
30. When is the last time you slept on the floor? The last time I visited my Mama. I started out on a nice, elevated air mattress....I woke up on a flat mattress on the floor. Something went wrong obviously.
31. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? TONS. I need at least 8. I love it when I get 10. Sleep is one of my fave things to do in this life.
32. Do you eat breakfast daily?Yes. I wouldn’t get very far without it. But I forget sometimes and feel really mean before lunch.
33. Are your days fast-paced? Without question. I go from class to class, and I squeeze in tutoring between classes. I don't have an office, so I'm always on the run. I am coordinator of a database that holds over 1100 student accounts that I oversee in the middle of all of that. Whew. I got tired typing that.
34. What did you do last night? Cleaned my nasty bathroom (partly), got a mani-pedi with my work PediPosse (TM), watching a movie with D, played Farmville, spun a bit.
35. Do you use sarcasm?A lot. It's my native tongue.
36. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 27
37. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?Yep- I drive people nuts when I feel it is important. I’m slack when it doesn’t matter (like email, blog posting, facebooking). I am the person who changes signs in Walmark. And in the bathrooms at school! I even encourage my students to attack signs! hahahaha
38. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes. HATE it. I'm not a patient person- I don't wait well. That's what 6 Flags teaches you. The only ride I enjoy is the River one where you are in the round things and you bounce down the river. Not the one where you are in the water, but the one that is actually a ride.
She says it goes to 80, but these are the 38 she posted. Sooo, as she continues, I guess so shall I.