Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pictureless Update

I've been knitting a lot, but not much to show as far as pictures go.

I finished the bubble wrap socks, and they don't fit. I knit the foot too long (trying to get the repeat to the right point, paranoid they weren't long enough yet)and they feel foolish on my feet. I'm going to have to give them to someone with larger feet than myself. I know only smaller footed folks, so they may have to marinate.

I'm knitting a shawl from some fine merino dyed by the marvo people at Mystical Creations Yarns. The yarn is to DIE for beautiful and I'm using a simple pattern from One Skein Wonders where you started with 2 stitches and do a 2 yo increase each round (one on either end) every other knit row. I was wanting to do a real lace shawl, but all of the patterns I found called for at least 400 more yards than I have (600ish I think) and all of the lace scarves called for less that 300, mostly 250. SO, I said screw it, I'm going to make this one and I will just knit until I run out of yarn.

And then I realized how BORING garter stitch is.

So I'm thinking that I might do a panel or a strip rather of a lace design. No real idea what I'd like to stick in there, something simple I think, nothing too fancy. Just a little something to give it some visual and creative interest. Seriously, if I just keep knitting until it's done, I may kill someone or something. Rawr. :P Again, I'm in it for the process and the process of knitting every single stitch isn't of much interest at this point. I got over that when I went on my scarf kick with froofy yarns and plastic needles.

Look out for ranting posts about how hard it is to wing lace. I'm sure they will occur and I'm sure I'll figure something out.

No comments: