Wednesday, May 14, 2008


I feel like I've been in a windstorm all weekend. Well, Sunday I was, but we'll skip that for now.

Friday was a busy bee kind of day. Had to get home, pack orders to ship, pack clothes to go to Americus this weekend, and clean up a bit before we could go. I let the house fall in during the week and then rebuild each weekend. Sucks when I don't have a weekend to rebuild, then I have to do it during the week. Boo.

We got in around dark at his mom's house and had steak, potatoes, asparagus (sp?), and salad. I actually at the veggies, never before being a fan of the spears. That being said, I do think the only way I'd eat them is grilled. mmmm We veged out the rest of the night with Dave making fun of Mom about turning off ALL of the lights in the house. "We're saving electricity!" Except we couldn't see to talk to each other at one point she had been so click happy. It became a running joke.

Saturday I got up and went to the college, the real reason we were there, and attended the first day (pre institute) of the Writing Project. I worked for the WP for years while I was in college and now I get to go through as a fellow. :D Yay. And I got my books and supplies. It felt great, like the first day back after summer. I really do LOVE to be in school. Go with it, you and I both know I'll be grumpy once the projects start coming due, but we'll pretend like that's not the truth.

Saturday night we went to Cordele to visit with my cousin Cal. We ate pizza, played guitar hero, chatted, and then watched the real history channel version of 300. He freaked us out because he's been sick and his blood pressure has been sky high. Like 10 points from stroke zone. We're very worried about him. I played the role of Mama and made him get out of his wheelchair when we were just sitting around talking or watching tv. I know it wore him out, but the chair doesn't do him much good.

Sunday was interesting. I had about 10 lbs of water on Saturday so I kept having to get up and tinkle. Well, I noticed one blurry time that it was very dark and that it was flashing light and I heard the thunder. Then I woke up again to potty and it was raining like something out of the old testament! Jeebs. [I later found out that tornados touched down all around our area!] Dave, saint that he is, let me sleep unabused until 11am. Glory! Then I got up, showered, and we sat around waiting for Terry's kids to get there for Mother's Day lunch. They took FOREVER! GOOD GOD. Ahem. After we ate and chatted, we packed up and headed out. On the road between his mom's and Americus, we saw 2 turtles in the road. One was a big snapper and the other turned out to be a gopher tortise. We turned around to go back and save the snapper but he must have hauled boogie or been saved by the truck behind us, we never did find him. And then we turned around in the parking lot of a church to save him.

When we got home, we went and ran errands and at at Wendy's. On the way back into our apts, we saw a baby snapper caught between the curbs, making a mad dash. We picked him up, drove him up the hill, and let him go down where our drainage ponds are. :D We are the turtle team or something hehe.

No comments: