Monday, December 18, 2006

So this will be a photoheavy post. Sorry. Must do it for many reasons. This is going to be the Christmas post. I will post more heavypic posts later too, soooo...I'm gonna be a pic blog for a few days. :D

Christmas at my house...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our little grapevine tree that stays up all year. We did deco. for all the seasons and holidays, but that got old after 2 yrs. I have a great set of purple balls painted with Mardi Gras masks that I handpainted. I love them, but we could never remember when Mardi Gras was so it became too much like work.

Here are a few close ups of the ornaments... I am not a little girl, just have the heart of one. And no, it does NOT sit in a jar on my desk.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A set of glass flamingo ornaments came from someone last year, in homage to my obsessionette. [The ette is because it's only a small obsession] They have Santa hats on ^.^

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The ornament I had to have from his mom last year. I put in for it when we went Christmas shopping.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And my grad gift from my aunt, to remind me each year at this time of my commitment to the profession. And my commitment to the home...I'm sure it's gonna happen any day...Millegville here I come. :P


And in the oven, constantly.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My g-men. Except they aren't trying to catch me at the still. Dave and I love these suckers, they come all flat on a sheet and you cut them out yourself. How much fun?! You get to skip all that hassle of actually mixing the crap up. And you have to wash like 4 dishes.

So far, that's about the only Christmas going on here. We went to Cordele yesterday and had Christmas with his Stepdad's people and my Dad at his house. It was sad at the Stepd's because the matron died this summer, Nothermom. She was the grandmother and everyone used to try and make it for her sake. This year, without her, there were fewer than 20 people. Usually, it's like 25-35 people in that one house. Whole families skipped this year. It was sad. And we all knew that this would be the last because the oldest child, Janet, the one who organizes this and has it at her house, is getting rather old. Her husband has Alztimers and isn't doing so well, so this was a last time deal. Oh, and one of the siblings is movin to be closer to her kids, and after that, she won't be able to make it anymore. Oh well, I guess I have no regrets, let them all feel like butt after it's all over.
We had a really good time and it seems sad that I won't be going there for Christmas anymore. I guess it would have ended once we went to Savannah, but still...it's like the end of an era. Que sera.

No comments: