Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Socktoberfest Sock History

When did you start making socks? Like a week ago

Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? I learned myself. I bought a friend a sock pattern and I kinda opened it and tried it out. I taught meself how to knit these puppies and I'm not so good.

What was your first pair? It's a cheap HObby Lobby pattern called Mixed Jelly Beans...now I'm moving into a pair of sock o' doom. I ripped out the frist one of the first pair (the second never happened).

How have they "held up" over time? Ripped out the first one before I even got to the toe

What would you have done differently? Payed better attention...I need to expand my DPN collection because I have ONE pair. Ick.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? I HATE MODA DEA SASSY STRIPES. Maybe it's just the GOD awful color I picked ($3 on clearnance at Michaels).

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? TOTALLY a newbie and I've only worked on DPNs (4)


Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) I have no idea which one. I'm guessing that it's short row because I knit a few and turned and knit a few and turned and so on until I had all my stitches on my one needle.

How many pairs have you made? -.5 and a positive .10000 I've cast on and worked a tinch of the frist sock o' doom.

No comments: