Saturday, April 24, 2010

Stitches South 2010

Whew. I'm kinda glad to be home in my pjs and listening to John Mayer and the rain fall. Today was one long, busy, crazy, fun, fantastic, wooly day.

Whew.

Before you read any further, I need every one of you out there in the Intarwebs to raise your right hand and repeat after me:

"I will not tell D what all L purchased today. I will not mention it in his presence, bring it up to him, or say, 'Golly, how much did you let her spend!'"

Realize that this is a solemn oath between all of us. You keep mum or I'll dig secrets up and tell your person of interest! That is not a threat. It's as solemn as the oath above- it's a freaking promise!

Now that we got the legal stuff out of the way, we can move on to the haul:
IMG_6013

That's the fambly picture that I took once I wrangled them all together. You can see Cousin Swift lurking in the back of the pack- someone said that his cotton ties made him look too country. He'll live though ( a steal at $25 at Just Our Yarns- coulda spent a mint on her handwoven scarves!). I posted notes on the flickr page.

Highlights:

Hello- doorprize that I won at the Rav. party on Thursday night:
IMG_6028

BUGGA! 'Nuff said.
IMG_6016

Crazy Good sale at Booth 419- Emma was the discount code for a 10% off- her bulldog. NO IDEA WHO THIS IS!
stitches collage

MacKintosh Fibers - the yarn logo with the cute puppy in the logo
IMG_6038
This person was so sweet and nice. We talked forever while I was buying this braid. Really cool person. I want to steal her dog a little.

Or a lot.

Meeting the RavDudes:
IMG_6008
This is MaryHeather and Casey the CodeMonkey doing the meetngreet outside while we were hearding into the Rav Party. If you blow up the pic, you'll see that casey has MONSTAEYE OF DOOM! because I was trying to fix the redeye, but made him look more crazy when I tried to fix it. Eh.

And if you've made it this far, you get a great reward. I'm going to post a giveaway in a seperate post in just a few minutes. Now you know about it. I've giving away swag from the event plus some yarn I stashed from there last year...that I have YET to knit. Sos life I guess.

Here's the 1 pic I took today- H taking a pic of the ultimate stash wall of doom.
IMG_6012

And 1 really cool pic I took while I waited for D outside on Thursday.
IMG_6009

Come back in a few for the giveaway. :D

1 comment:

Holly S. said...

So NOT flattering pic of me! Had a blast today. Thanks bunches for driving.